Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 9 of Praying for My Husband


Day 9
Pray that your husband handle finances wisely, will have discernment concerning budgeting and investments, and will be a good steward of his money in regard to giving to the Lord’s work. Pray that money will not become a source of discord in your family. (Prov. 23:4-5; Rom. 12:13; Heb. 13:5)

Lord, You have such an interesting sense of humor. Considering this particular issue has been on my heart a lot lately it only seems appropriate to be praying for this today. God, You know I worry about finances. You know that I don't rest in peace sometimes over my husband's decisions financially--not that he is irresponsible about it at all--but merely because I am a tightwad. God, I am not the financial planner for our family. That is my husband's responsibility. Grant him wisdom as he does his job in managing our family's finances. Help him to be mindful, aware, wise, and a good steward of what You have given to us. While You teach and make him a wise steward, help me to be both trusting and supportive of his decisions. As he chooses to follow You, Lord, may I too follow You in submitting to him with a happy heart. I haven't liked the rare disagreements we have had about money, and I don't ever want money to be a source of discord between us. Make us both come together on our financial decisions, but more importantly, help him to handle money wisely and me to submit faithfully. May our money be used to help others and remove the desire for selfish gain from us. 

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Romans 12:13
13  Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.

No comments: