Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 8 of Praying For My Husband and Moving Thoughts


Day 8
Pray that your husband will work hard to provide for your family, to the best of his ability. Pray that the character qualities necessary for a successful career and ministry will be a growing part of his character – persistence, decisiveness, strength, an analytical mind, organizational skills, positive relationships with people, determination, etc. (Rom. 12:11; 1 Cor. 15:58)

Oh, Father, You have given me the blessing and privilege of being a stay-at-home mama to Gracin. Only because my husband works hard can I have this joy. THANK YOU for how hard Kyle works to provide our needs. God, as he works, I have been amazed at how much You have taught him about persistence and hard work ethic in a job he doesn't always like. Continue to make him a "worker who need not be ashamed" (2 Tim. 2:15) and may what you teach him there not only be applicable to his work, but to his ministry. As he works with people who not only ignore You, but scoff at Kyle for loving You, may he continue to live and work in such a way that his witness be untarnished and those around him find Your presence unavoidable. 


________________________________________


Things are certainly crazy in the Bartlett home! We are 2 days away from moving! I can't believe how fast our move has come up. We are moving from our modest little home in town to live on base outside town--closer to Kyle's work, military families, and benefits of living in a secure local. We are quite excited and so blessed by our Lord in the beautiful home we get to call our own! I can't wait to share with you pictures once I get things settled and all our decorating plans put into place. For now I am packing our little home like crazy and being amazed at how fast our lives can be tossed into a box and moved from one place to another. It is a reminder my home isn't in things, but in the people I love the most. 

Simplicity--that is what this move is teaching me--I don't lead a simple life. More on this thought after I have time to mull it over. 

In the meantime, check out this blog post of a remarkable photographer and woman on simplicity. 


Pray hard, ladies!! See you tomorrow!


No comments: