Wednesday, May 23, 2012

31 Days of Praying For My Husband--Day 1

I will not post my prayers publicly every day, as they will be private prayers at times. But when I feel it appropriate, and just to make sure we are all on track, I will post a prayer. For day one of praying for our husbands....here we go!




Day 1
Pray that your husband will grow spiritually and consider his accountability before the Lord. Pray that he will guard his heart by developing spiritual disciplines—Bible reading and study, prayer, meditation, scripture memorization, etc. (2 Pet. 3:18; Prov. 4:23)


Father in Heaven, I come before You today on behalf of my husband. God, as I submit to Kyle, I ask that he find his accountability before You. As he submits to You, and as I submit to him, may our whole family fall in line with Your will. I know there are days where he struggles to make time to be consistent in Your word, but that is the only way he will strengthen his accountability before You. Give him a hunger for the things of Your word, a hunger to be in Your presence through the gift of prayer, and applying always the hiding of Your words in his heart that he might not sin against You (Ps. 119:11). Help him to guard his heart diligently, for You have designed our hearts to be a source of life (Prov. 4:23).
But [help Kyle to] grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen. (2 Pet. 3:18)



No comments: