Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 5 of Praying Over My Husband


Welcome to day 5 of praying for our husbands *and future husbands, as my friend Chrissy pointed out ;)* Today's prayer is one I rarely think to pray over my man. When my husband and I said our wedding vows to each other a year ago we obviously planned (and plan) to live by them, but I never pray over Kyle to be faithful to them. Once we get moved into our new house this coming weekend we will be hanging our vows in our room as a daily reminder 


Day 5
Pray that your husband will be faithful to his wedding vows. Pray that he will have a desire to cultivate your relationship as a sign of his loyalty and commitment to you, and as a picture of Christ’s love for the Church. (Prov. 20:6; Gen. 2:24)


Father in Heaven, today I come asking a blessing over my husband as he seeks to keep his marriage vows to me. God, when we spoke those words to each other, we planned to keep them forever. Forgive me for not praying for strength over my husband as he seeks to keep them. As he maintains his eyes for me only, as he loves me through all circumstances, as he seeks to love me as Christ loves the church, please give him strength. Give him a desire to further our marriage relationship in order to deepen our commitment to each other--that we may honor YOU through our marriage all the days You give us together.  

No comments: