Monday, September 5, 2011

Day at the Ballpark

My husband believes in all things baseball. I don't see him more excited than when he's playing or talking about the sport. Before we got married we discussed wanting to go to a Ranger's game in Arlington sooner rather than later.....well marriage happened, bills happen, and we didn't see buying tickets any time soon. Then my mom calls and says that she and Dad have two extra tickets to a Rangers vs. Angels game.....do we want to go? 


ummmm....let me get back to you on that......YEAH!


20th section. Row 29. It was the last row of seats still under the shade of the overhang and praise the Lord it was close to the bathrooms. 

We knew it was hot and we arrived at 4:30--two and a half hours before game time...in time to hear that it was one degree below the hottest it had ever been in Ranger's stadium. I spent most of the time in the bathroom or chugging liquid of some kind since the heat and my nausea didn't mesh. 

My husband brought his glove for the hope that he would catch a fly ball, but we ended up just sweating out the game together with my parents and some old family friends, the Greens. 

















I cherish the weekend at the ballpark, and can't wait to take our little Bartlett there someday soon.

No comments: