Friday, October 9, 2009

A Dreamer Stuck in Today

"Couldn't the craving to do something great keep us from doing something good?" --Beth Moore



How true to my life this is. I am a dreamer--I can't seem to help it! My dreams for the future, my plans for tomorrow, and my excitement over the possibilities often makes me jump up and down in excitement because my heart cannot contain all the anticipation.



Lately I have been challenged with more excitement about my dreams than excitement about what God has placed before me today. I would much rather just quit what I'm doing now and start pursuing my dreams and goals than struggle and "cope" through another day where I am. But for some reason, I don't think that God intended for this to happen. (partially because my big dream is to be a wife and mom--and my singleness is a roadblock for that particular dream ;D)



So how do we live today while still being excited about those dreams God has for our tomorrow?

"Now listen, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.' Why, you do do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, 'If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that.' (James 4:13-15)



I praise God for the dreams He has given me. I believe this excitement I feel for future family, writing possibilities, ministry--and SO MUCH MORE has been placed in my heart as a gift of excitement for my dreaming mind. But God also gave me the here and now. Complete focus on tomorrow might keep me from

No comments: