Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Not To Me

"Not to Us, O LORD, not to us but to Your name be the glory, because of Your love and faithfulness." *Psalm 115:1*

How easy is it for us to look at something great that we have just accomplished and say, "Yup! Look how good I did." Believe me, I'm in the same boat when it comes to that temptation. Especially as I struggle with self-image. I want people to see me as having been successful at something....ANYTHING! So when I feel like I did something great, it's so easy to want to take the credit. But really, the love and faithfulness of my God is what they are seeing lived out in my life.

I can do nothing....I am nothing.....without my King. Because He is faithful to bless me, I look like a success. But without HIs aid, I'm nothing. How humbling is that? Think about it. If He didn't love you...didn't bless you....didn't glorify you.....we'd be the biggest FLOPS this world has ever seen. Just like Benjamin Franklin said, "If a sparrow cannot fall without His notice, can a nation rise without His aid?"

We can't rise without Him lifting us up. Give HIM the glory every chance you get. What a reminder for me today.

Because He loves,
Sarah

No comments: