Sunday, June 21, 2009

Just Say Yes
In today's culture, we are all taught to "just say no"...to drugs, premarital sex, trans fats...you name it! Eventually, we all grow weary of saying "NO." Our resolve weakens as we seem to think, "I'm saying it all by myself." Soon, we have been weakened to the point where we just give up and stop saying "no" because we cannot seem to fight anymore.
I've been working out a LOT lately. I'm insanely trying to lose weight and therefore I find myself tempted by EVERYTHING in the kitchen. Bread, dessert, sweets, cokes....anything besides fruits and vegetables seems to beckon me. I've grown so weary of saying, "No, you don't want that, Sarah. You remember what those scales said to you last night?!" Soon my resolve weakens and I eat just a little of what looks so good. I get tired of fighting. Then I grow mad at myself because I have to face the mirror and the dreaded scales. "What's wrong with you?" I ask myself. But maybe I have the wrong approach.
It isn't about saying "No" to everything in life....it's about saying "yes" to something better! A better way of life, smaller dress sizes, more joy....it's all available when we stop fighting to say "no." Let God rearrange your goals, and then start saying "yes." It's kinda like the saying, "Love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength....then just live like you want to." When You love God with all your heart, then your living will mirror Him. Likewise, when your ideas and dreams are for something better than what is instant gratification, then we can stop saying "no" and start saying "yes."
Keep the fight! Finish the race..
Till next time =)

No comments: