Thursday, January 19, 2012

Flax Banana Bread

This recipe was a quick find on the internet a couple days ago, and it is one I will be repeating often. I will include the original recipe, as well as the changes I made to it. Let me know if you make it, or if you would make any additional changes!

Ingredients:
1 3/4 c. unbleached flour (I used my flour blend of half whole wheat and half white)
3/4 c. flax seed meal
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 eggs
1/3 c. canola oil (I used 1/3 c. applesauce)
2-3 medium very ripe bananas (I used 3)


Topping: (I did not make this part)
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1/4 c. light brown sugar (packed)
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon


Directions:
Preheat oven at 350

Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch bread pan; set aside

Mix together flour, flaxseed meal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.

In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and oil (or applesauce)

Add dry ingredients and mashed bananas alternately to egg and oil mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into prepared pan.

Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter in loaf pan. Pat down firmly into batter or swirl topping into batter with knife.

Bake 55-60 minutes.



Drool over how amazing it looks. Then cut it, shmear (yes that is a legitimate word) a little butter on the warm bread, and devour instantly.


This will be the recipe I use when I go to use the brown bananas I have frozen. :) I hope you enjoy it!

No comments: