Monday, December 19, 2011

Today


Christmas preparations are in full swing at the Bartlett home. I am cleaning, baking, doing laundry, packing suitcases, wrapping presents, finishing projects, freezing food, and preparing to leave on Thursday evening and go to my parent's house. I'm SO excited because I am finally going to get to see my brother and his family, my sister and her husband, and my grandparents. I haven’t truly gotten to visit with my siblings and grandparents since last Christmas, and I am jumping inside to love on my family.

When I finished work for break last Friday, I was very very very very VERY ecstatic for being at our little house while getting to do housewifey things. Baking, cleaning, reading, having time in the Word….and today I pushed myself to get so many things done!

I started out having time with God. Best.way.to.start.my.day.

Then…….

I cleaned out the fridge.

I did dishes.

I made a list of things to do today.

I drooled over things on Ebay.

I vacuumed floors.

I dusted furniture.

I printed pictures for frames.

I got the car inspected.

I went to the grocery store.

I made food for my sister-in-law when she stopped on her way through. Bless her, after all the tire troubles she had between her and Lubbock, she needed food and some rest.

I made some amazing zucchini bread. I “healthified” the recipe a little by substituting half ground oatmeal for flour, cut out a little of the sugar, and substituted Greek yogurt for half of the oil.

I did more dishes.

I worked on a Christmas project and finished half of it.

Hubs got home and began to pull staples out of the cushions we are recovering.

I made dinner for my man.

He ate, and I ate what was left after he was full. J

I helped pull staples.

I showered.

I weighed. It’s becoming a frightening thing to get on the scales these days. 14 pounds in 5.5 months. * gulp *

I did more dishes.

Who knew days at home could be so productive??? Actually, I did, but it felt amazing to accomplish so much in a few hours. I listened to books on tape and worked happily while locking puppies outside to stay out from underfoot. 

It makes me excited to see what I can do tomorrow!!


No comments: