Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Socks

It's late.

I don't want to fold clothes.

I'm so exhausted I'm dizzy and can't hold my eyes open.

I've cleaned house today.

I've spent 6 hours in the kitchen today making gooey cinnamon rolls with Ashton and Rachel.

I know it will be worth it tomorrow.

I've made it to hubby's softball game.

I'm sitting on the couch folding the 1,987,453,260 socks my husband had in the laundry.

I lay my head on the towels in my lap.

"I can't go on. I can't finish...." my unspoken thought.

No more socks. I can't fold one.more.stinking.sock.

Husband comes in and takes my face in his hands.

"I love you so much. Thank you for all your hard work today. I'm so thankful for you."

Dangit.

I guess I can go on.

Back in the basket I reach for one more sock.

Because my husband is thankful for me.

No comments: