Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Night

I love being a wife....especially to Kyle. He makes being a wife an enjoyable and worthwhile blessing. Today was my day off from class and I spent the day cleaning house. I cleaned fans, cabinet fronts, mopped floors, vacuumed, folded clothes, did dishes, and cooked dinner for tonight.

I am so excited about this meal that it's unreal. I prayed over the food--that I cook it well and it turn out right. God is so faithful, even in the simple things. Don't tell me you haven't ever done this......I know you have!

I hope you enjoy our dinner pictures just as much as I enjoyed eating the food :)) I included recipes and if you try them and tweak them at all just let me know!


Crust:
1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I only used a cup and a half for mine and used a whole wheat and all purpose flour blend)
1 envelope Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast
1-1/2 teaspoons sugar (I used 2 tsp.)
3/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup very warm water (120 to 130°F)* (I used hot tap and heated it in the microwave 1 minute)
3 tablespoons oil (I used olive)

Directions: Preheat oven to 425°F.

Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl.  Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.  Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.

Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet.  OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. (I put a little cornmeal on my pan to make it slide off easily. It was a necessary and perfect finish) Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.

Topping:

I made my own toppings:

1 can tomato paste and 1 can oregano and basil tomato sauce mixed with spices.
turkey sausage
turkey bacon
olives
mushrooms
bell peppers
cheese
Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
Take out, top with fresh, cold avocado and serve to hungry husband with watermelon and a coke.

as shot with my phone...




Honey-Lemon Frozen Yogurt:

  • Ingredients:
  • 2/3 cup of honey
  • 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon of grated lemon rind (and don't grate your finger in the microplane grater like I did...)
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 cups of plain, whole milk yogurt
  • 2 egg whites
  • Directions:
  • Combine the first four ingredients in a heavy enameled or stainless steel saucepan over medium heat and stir them until they're well blended. Then set the mixture aside to cool.
  • Next, mix in the yogurt and chill the concoction for 2 hours. Then beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, gently fold them into the yogurt preparation, and churn the dessert in a two-quart freezer for 25 minutes or according to manufacturers instruction. This is a tangy dessert with enough tartness to blend well with sweet fruit or a cookie. I love the natural sugar and healthy options of the Bartlett home :)

Kyle's bowl....oreos and fresh strawberries.

My dessert...WONDERFUL!
We are loving each other and loving this time of year...be blessed!
Popsicles are our nights...as taken a few days ago :)

Love!
The Bartletts

No comments: