Wednesday, May 11, 2011

His Banner Over Me is Love

This is it, readers. I have decided this will be my last post until finals, wedding, and honeymoon are finished. Not that I don't love you....cause I do.....but as soon as Saturday gets here my focus will be completely dedicated to my husband for the following week.

Since the wedding is in three short days I am preparing like crazy. I am packing for honeymoon, wedding day, and last minute moving items from apartment to house. I can't believe it is coming to an end.

Kyle and I are so excited. We have waited for this day for a very long time. Kyle couldn't have put it better when he said, "Sarah, I'm trying to enjoy these days.....but I don't like being engaged. I'm ready to be married."

I am so honored and blessed to be marrying my best friend and the love of my life. We cannot wait to commit ourselves to each other before the LORD.

 3 Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest
   is my beloved among the young men.
I delight to sit in his shade,
   and his fruit is sweet to my taste.
4 Let him lead me to the banquet hall,
   and let his banner over me be love.
5 Strengthen me with raisins,
   refresh me with apples,
   for I am faint with love.
6 His left arm is under my head,
   and his right arm embraces me.
7 Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you
   by the gazelles and by the does of the field:
Do not arouse or awaken love
   until it so desires.
 8 Listen! My beloved!
   Look! Here he comes,
leaping across the mountains,
   bounding over the hills.
9 My beloved is like a gazelle or a young stag.
   Look! There he stands behind our wall,
gazing through the windows,
   peering through the lattice.
10 My beloved spoke and said to me,
   “Arise, my darling,
   my beautiful one, come with me.
11 See! The winter is past;
   the rains are over and gone.
12 Flowers appear on the earth;
   the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
   is heard in our land.
13 The fig tree forms its early fruit;
   the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
   my beautiful one, come with me.” (Song of Solomon 2:3-13)

I will definitely touch base with you soon, and until then "...I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." (Phil. 1:6)

Indeed, I am excited to see His completion of this chapter in our lives.

Praising in anticipation,
Sarah

"I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine"

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Almost-Wedding-Day! May your union in Christ be richly blessed! :)

God's Gal Sarah said...

Thank you so much!!!!