Monday, March 21, 2011

Ain't No Break Anymore

Spring break is over....can I hear a collective groan? I am full of mixed emotions today. I miss the days off. No stress, no classes, no demanding professors, and getting to do all the wedding things that needed to be done. I was going to do homework all week--that didn't happen. I did wedding planning and work instead. It's my other job at the moment. While much of it got done, I am still wishing I had one more week to do homework.
This morning dawned with a promise of frustration but at the same with a PROMISE woven in.

I woke up and grabbed my Bible to read from Ezekiel this morning. I read Ezekiel 36: 24-27 and the words captivated me:

 24 “‘For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

Wow. I loved these verses. I hear in it God's promise for a people that had walked away from Him. He promised to remove their hearts of stone and renew a heart of flesh. He promised His Spirit to guide and help them keep their way on His path. That was my plea to Him this morning on my own behalf.

After I finished reading I decided it might be good to get ready for the first day back at the grind. NO bathroom caddy??? Either it's lost in my apartment amidst all the boxes waiting to be moved this weekend.......or it's at my parent's house celebrating a big bathroom without me. Great. Thank goodness I had an extra bottle of shampoo stored away. And a toothbrush somewhere in a drawer. And baby shampoo to wash my face. And at least my hairdryer made it back with me. I know...you are thanking me too.

All in all I don't look too bad for not having any deodorant this morning at 7:00 AM. :)

Then I discover while packing backpack that I don't have my exam notes for this afternoon. Really. What professor schedules exams the Monday after Spring break??? Nazi. But those notes are VITAL to my exam. Where are they?????

My notes? Are chillin' in my Mom's car. In Guthrie.

So Mom is having to stop her work this morning to bring me my notes. God bless that woman. She puts up with so much.

The plus? My God is granting me a heart of flesh....His Spirit is guiding me....His word is new every morning....and I am only 54 days from being married.

Welcome, Mr. Second Half of the Semester.....prepare to be dominated.

Sarah

No comments: