Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fresh Reminder of Old Verse

I feel like an awful blogger. I haven't updated in a few days and it's killing me. I don't have long now, because I'm off to clean my room, do laundry, take a shower, and immerse myself in homework. I lead such an interesting life. *BAHAHAHAHA!*

Today has been interesting. Tennis was actually BETTER! *Can I get an amen?* My mom prayed over my racket this morning...and it showed. I actually HIT the ball and was told, "Good shot!" a few times. I was so happy I think I floated off the court. And I was still bad....but at least I wasn't crying. Ceramics was.....eh. We have been throwing on the wheel and after 9 failed attempts at making bowls today I nearly cried. But on my 10th try I stopped throwing left handed and started using my right hand. And I threw two decent bowls in a short amount of time. I WAS SO HAPPY! After that I went to the gym and worked out. It felt awesome...I'm already trying to rearrange my schedule so I can go every day. Priorities have to change so I can have some energizing and healthy workouts more frequently. Gotta get this body in shape for.....my wedding dress and other wedding events. Take that as you will. 

I'm going to share a quick take on what's been happening in the lives of Kyle and myself. We are in full house hunt mode. We are looking for a rent house in our price range and one that is in a GOOD part of Abilene and isn't falling apart at the seams. We are hoping for a 3 bed, 1-2 bath, with a garage and backyard. Ok well we would love our dream home...but we know that's not realistic. At this point we just want safe and nice. What I have found hilarious is that we can be driving on a street with amazing houses...and the ONLY rent house on the street is the most sad piece of real estate on the block. And that's no joke. The two we have really liked and wanted to look at seriously were "rented" upon our call. *sigh*. We KNOW this is God's hand of guidance, that's what everyone reminds us too. But that doesn't help the frustration we feel at times.

My beloved Kyle has felt this frustration more than I. He looks for the best houses in our price range and gets flustered when they aren't in a safe neighborhood or are just pathetic from lack of care.

BTW: if you are a landlord, rental property that looks like a piece of junk won't attract renters. Ok....glad we got that settled.

But on top of the house Kyle and I have been seeking God's wisdom on other areas of our lives. Kyle has had all of these things mulling in his head and they have been overwhelming to him at times. He called me today--calm, and wanting to share with me a verse that we both knew, but that we needed to hear today.
"If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matt. 6:30-33). 

Now change those words to "Where shall we live?" "Are we going to stay in the military forever?" "What about school?" and you would have us. And then we slowly broke down verse 33....
"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

1. Seek first His kingdom.
What does that mean? Seek first His kingdom--do everything to further HIS kingdom for His glory.
2. And His righteousness.
Kyle's right, this one is often left out and it is just as important as the first part! And His righteousness--we can't expect God to lavish us with wonders and all our needs if we are refusing to seek His righteousness. Does that convict you too?? Seek first His righteousness and watch Him bless accordingly. It's not easy. I know because I'm human and sin is FUN. But that's not what matters. Seek first His righteousness.

That's where we are. I think it's where we all should be.

Pray for one another...
Sarah

No comments: