Friday, December 31, 2010

All Things New

And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new " And He said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true." (Rev. 21:5)

 He is faithful and true. His mercies are new every morning. He takes the ugliness of our past and gives us a new start to walk in His grace. Behold, He makes all.things.new. 


Today is been so interesting. Ok, this WEEK has been interesting. Satan has brought up the ugliness of my sin to follow every step of my day. He has tried to rob joy with the reminder that I am an unholy wretch wanting to serve a holy God. This morning was no different and I was having trouble just getting out of my sweats. Then, this verse came to mind and suddenly, the past was lifted and I was reminded that each day is new...He has taken away my sin and made ME new. 


Tomorrow starts a new year. But while there is a newness, a freshness, and an excitement about things to come, I am still most amazed that His mercies are new every morning! I don't need a new year to make a new start--I have one everyday when the sun rises and I climb out of bed. 


In place of the frustration Satan placed this morning I now have extreme joy and gratitude in the sacrifice of my Savior. Oh, GOD, may I be worthy of You! May I walk in the newness of forgiven mistakes and serve you fresh every morning.


In the face of the new year, I am making no resolutions and no new ideals....I am choosing to walk instead in this theory: if I know something needs to change, I change it. Why resolve to do something good that I should already be doing?

2010 was one of learning, one of new joys, exciting changes, and separation. 2011 brings new challenges, completions, unions, returns, and growth of family. It's new! Thank a merciful God for another year to serve Him and let's strive to make it our most obedient yet.


Pray for one another...
Sarah





No comments: