Saturday, September 10, 2011

Dreams

I am a dreamer. I dream about places I want to visit/live, things I want to see and do, people I want to meet, goals I want to achieve......it's a long list.

Kyle and I were talking about dreams last night, mainly if we were putting our money where our dreams were. Right now, bills are such that we pay what we owe--and our dreams fall by the wayside. But we are planning and working to be in a place within a year where we can put money toward our dreams rather than bills.

God is changing my perspective these days. He is making me more "big picture" aware rather than merely focused on pleasures of today. Being pregnant has helped with that in amazing ways. The more I think about the future for our family, the more I am focused on preparing for what's ahead.

Someday we want to own a home in the country. Someday my husband wants to own a truck. Someday we want to have some land with some animals. Someday we want fruit trees, a garden, and a barn. Someday.........

We want to do it debt free, so that takes saving. Saving means putting aside pleasures of today. In the words of Dave Ramsey, "Live like no one else so someday you can live like no one else."

More than the hope of our future dreams, I have been convicted that my goals need to be about investing in the lives of people. I'm learning that doesn't have to be "ministry" necessarily, but investing through friendship, time, and selfless generosity. It's about
19“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

God has been teaching me a LOT lately. It seems my husband and I have deep, convicting conversations  on a regular basis. I love this, but it keeps me on my face a lot.

I'm learning that my treasures must be more focused, intentional, and outward.


Right now I'm treasuring the blessing of our growing child, a job that I cherish every day, and the love of a wonderful man.


I love how God is growing me daily, and I pray that I will put into practice what He is pressing into my heart. 


No comments: