Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Grant Me Goals I Can Achieve, Lord

I am a goal oriented person. I love check lists and papers with my things to do. In other words, if I don't have a check list, I don't feel productive. I don't have goals, I feel behind. I am a big dreamer and goals seem to make those dreams come true. Zora Neale Hurston wrote "Now, women forget all those things they don't want to remember, and remember everything they don't want to forget. The dream is the truth. Then they act and do things accordingly."

Lately I have been overwhelmed with all the goals I want to do. The list is endless.
Perfect photography and have small business
Do P90X completely through
Work in ministry
Teach in conferences
Write novels
Found teenage girl ministry
Have a family
Run a marathon
Learn sign language fluently
Learn my God from time spent with Him.
Drive on a race track
Write for World Magazine.

.........

it goes on, but I didn't think you'd want to see them ALL. Or maybe putting them all down isn't something I like admitting--because it makes me think, "What HAVE I accomplished??"

I love goals. They inspire me to achieve and grow. They make me feel empowered. But they also make me feel unaccomplished. This is my prayer for the day, that God would set HIS goals on my heart and make me pursue them with full passion.

Grant me goals I can achieve, LORD! Make me find joy in them and feel accomplished by having done Your will. Make Your goals mine. Help me to be satisfied in the daily things You give me rather than dreaming and being dissatisfied with the results. Make me follow Your plans.

Sarah

No comments: