Friday, November 26, 2010

If Only I...

I have realized a terrible sin problem in my life lately. I struggle with the sin of self-comparison. I have seen it SO badly lately!

If only I....

looked like her
shot like he did
had my sister's natural talent
got to do what THEY got to do
had her athletic ability
had that personality
played the piano like she did
sang as well as that singer does
could tell a joke like he does
had faith like her
could understand my BIble like they do
had their easy schedule
had that person's freedom
had that job

.....

it's endless.

But it's also wrong. God created me to be me. If there's something I don't think He wants in my life, then I need to change it. If it's part of who HE made me to be, then I need to accept it and be grateful that God made me to be who I am.

Psalm 139:14 – I praise you God, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

those are easy words to say--an easy verse to memorize--and yet sometimes so hard for me to fulfill.

It's my sin problem I battle daily. It has to change. I have to become the woman GOD created me to be, and not alter that. It's what He thinks of me that counts--not what I think of myself.

I'm learning.
I'm changing
and I'm seeing areas of work ahead so I can become that better woman.
that mirror image of my King

Because He lives,
Sarah

No comments: