Tuesday, November 2, 2010

20 Minutes

It's been quite a morning. I saw 1:00....I slept for 20 minutes....I saw 2:00....I saw 3:00....AND I saw 4:00. I finally fell asleep between 4 and 5 and slept for a couple hours. I think I slept about 4 hours last night. I have a routine: sneeze, cough, blow nose, repeat. So, I got up, skipped chapel, and have padded around in my pajamas all morning. I would LOVE to feel better. But I can't complain. I know I'll get better eventually...

I'd really love to have some hot tea, no homework, a good hot shower, fuzzy sweat pants, and a long face to face visit in person with my fiance.

I'm not one of those people who believe in those email/text forwards with the "in 20 minutes something good will happen." Normally I delete them. But this morning, it came from my "sis" in Montana. My brother-in-law's sister has come to mean a lot to me. So I accepted it with a chuckle. I began to think, "I'm going to test this theory. Let's see what happens in 20 minutes."

10 minutes. My phone rings. "Hi! This is A from David's Bridal. Guess what....your wedding dress is here!"

Excuse me?

Is it January and I missed it?

It came in EARLY?!

Don't get me wrong. I don't credit that ridiculous text message with the excitement of my dress coming in. But it did remind me of something....my God operates beyond the restraints of time. He doesn't need a date, a deadline, or a calendar to tell Him when things happen--even something as simple and insignificant as my wedding dress coming in 2 months early. He doesn't need time--but He can do a lot in 20 minutes.

I praise HIM for miracles that brighten my day--and that He can act in short amounts of time. Makes me wonder what ELSE He has in store =))

On a lighter note....I had plans to be 10 lbs lighter when it came in....so now it gets to hang on my door and inspire me to go run. Oh, the joy ;)

Because He lives,
Sarah

No comments: